The Rev. Dr. T. Melville Bailey Award
for Beginning Scholars
Rev. Dr. T. Melville Bailey
The late Rev. Dr. T. Melville Bailey was an enthusiastic supporter of the Canadian Society of Presbyterian History from its inception and presented several learned papers over the years. Dr. Bailey very generously remembered the Society in his Will with a significant bequest. The Executive has agreed that as long as the legacy lasts to provide some assistance and encouragement to beginning scholars under the following terms and conditions.
- As long as the legacy lasts the Society will offer $400 to beginning scholars towards research costs and a $100 honorarium for an original Paper on Presbyterian and Reformed history, preferably but not exclusively Canadian.
- The Paper will be presented to the Society at one of its annual meetings and will be put up on the Society's website, if deemed to be suitable.
- It should be between 2500 and 4000 words, exclusive of notes and bibliography.
- If the applicant is a student, the paper should be supervised by the relevant faculty.
- Proposals should be submitted to the President by April 1st in the year of presentation, and a decision to make, or not make, the grant will be made by April 30th.
- For more information, please contact the President, Rev. Dr. A. Donald MacLeod at the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org